Welcome to the Governors’ section of the website! We are lucky to have a Governing body who regularly visit the school.
This is the page to come to for news about the governing body and it will be updated regularly.
Click here to see our latest newsletter.
Our school Governors are made up of a range of different people. Some people are members of the general community and some others are parent governors.
Governors come into school regularly or speak with the school when visits are not possible due to current restrictions. We also hold our committee and Full Governing Body meetings online via the virtual meeting technology to ensure we can still support Sarah and the team and keep up to date with school planning and strategy.
Mr John Bucci or Trudi Archer regularly meet with our caretaker Mr Roy Witcomb and carry out Health and Safety inspections of our classrooms and site.
Our priorities have been to work with Mrs. Willes in her role as Head Teacher and her team to support decisions and actions taken to ensure your children get the best education during their time in Calmore Infant School.
I’d like to share with you a brief description of the role of the governing body and what we do:
- We help the school to set high standards by planning for the school’s future and setting targets for school improvement
- We keep the pressure up on school improvement
- We are a critical friend to the school, offering support and advice
- We help the school respond to the needs of parents and the community
- We make the school accountable to the public for what it does
- We work with the school on planning, developing policies and keeping the school under review
- We exercise our responsibilities and powers in partnership with the headteacher and staff
- We regularly visit the school when we are able and talk to pupils to find out about their learning and teachers to discuss subject areas and development plans.
- We don’t intervene in the day-to-day management of the school (unless there are weaknesses in the school, when the GB has a duty to take action.)
We also form part of the school’s senior management team focusing on monitoring and raising standards of achievement, establishing high expectations and promoting effective teaching and learning, so that all pupils achieve their best.
Trudi Archer (Chair of Governors)
|Type||Name||Position and responsibility|
|Community||Mrs Trudi Archer||Chair of Governors/SEND/Health & Safety Governor|
|Co-opted||Mr Mark Gurd||Well-being Governor|
|Co-opted||Mrs Joanne Dorricott||EYFS Governor|
|Co-opted||Mr Kevin Curtis||Maths Governor|
|Co-opted||Mr James Mann||Finance/Forum Governor|
|Community||Dr Chris Prior||Pupil Premium/Safeguarding/LAC Governor|
|Community||Mr Matt Edwards||To be agreed|
|Parent||Mrs Charlie Skeels||Literacy/Development & Training Governor|
|Parent||Mr John Bucci||Health & Safety Governor|
|Staff||Mrs Sarah Willes||Head teacher & Sports Funding|
|Staff||Mrs Adele Weaver||Deputy Head teacher & SENCO|